Share This

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Celebrate Your Successes

As we approach our company-wide Annual Awards Banquet on next Tuesday, it got me to thinking about a coaching excercise. The purpose of the exercise is to conduct a review of the previous year by writing down every success, win, and positive thing that you experienced - both big and small. So, I challenge all readers to Celebrate Your Successes!

In my experience as a coach and manager, I have observed that most driven and success-minded individuals have a tendency to focus on what they haven't achieved yet. They are always moving on to the next goal or challenge without stopping, however briefly, to acknowledge the victory or success of the moment.

So, as you fine-tune your goals and business plan for a successful next year, take some time to look back on the current/previous year with a focus on the positives.

Just write it all down - stream of consciousness - no matter how seemingly insignificant. Just write it down. Once you start writing, you'll be surprised at how much you really have to celebrate!
  • List all your accomplishments, wins, victories, successes in the past year.
  • List all moment of joy and gratitude.
  • What did you do last year that you were really proud of?
  • What do other people in your life have to say about what you did, accomplished, contributed?
  • What did you do last year that moved you toward your goals?
  • What lessons did you gain from any setbacks, challenges or obstacles?
  • How are your going to integrate any learnings in to your future goals and the coming year?
Brandon Penny
bpenny@fmrealty.com
http://www.facebook.com/fonvillemoriseydurham
919-402-1201

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this! I tend to forget to do it myself. I'm always planning the goals for the next year and as I do, I always stop to review those that I have achieved BUT I forget to celebrate that. Dang. I need to pat myself on the back for a STELLAR 2011. Thank you for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog. This really does make you think about what you have done and take energy from your successes to conquer what is ahead. Thanks for helping me to remember, plan and achieve!!!

    ReplyDelete