Share This

Friday, February 24, 2012

FM Durham Tech Bytes: Try Pinterest if you have an Interest!

In the era of social media, certain websites pop up and I immediately write them off as a waste of time.  But one of the fastest growing social media sites, Pinterest, is the one that I love.  It recently became the fastest standalone site to reach 10 million unique monthly visitors.  97% of the site's registered users are women.  However I think that is about to change, because I'm a man and I love it!

When I first signed up a few months ago, I loved the idea, although I thought it was just a place for fun sharing and I wasn't sure how it could possibly help my business.  Then I thought to myself:  "Are my clients, locals and potential clients hanging out on Pinterest?"  Most likely, the answer is "yes," or it certainly will be once they find the site.

Pinterest allows you to create "Boards," or a category of interest to you.  You can then add links to your board for easy access of people who follow you on your board.  Start by adding some relevant business boards that focus on housing and real estate.  But don't only focus on business boards.  Be sure to share some of your personal interests, because people want to know a little bit about you and your interests.  This will expand the amount about people that will be willing to follow you.

Other boards that you may think about adding could be:

  • Real Estate News
  • Local Places of interest
  • Home maintenance tips
  • DIY home projects
  • Home decor
  • Your listing links

The options are endless!  Be creative and get started with your Pinterest account.

Brandon Penny
bpenny@fmrealty.com
http://www.facebook.com/fonvillemoriseydurham
919-402-1201

No comments:

Post a Comment